Dienstag, 1. April 2008

nude undies




Since about two years there is this weird fashion color called nude, which means that it's similar to the color of white skin. I never really liked it to begin with, but lately it struck me: Isn't the name of the color pretty racist? Not only is white skin seen as default, but all the other skin tones are ignored/ erased. There is to much racism and sexism in language already, do we really need to create more of it? I don't think there was some evil racist mastermind at work, probably nobody even thought about this correlation when the term was created, but to me this ignorance is pretty bad too. I really love fashion, but it bugs me how the fashion world on the one hand struggles to be taken serious, while on the other hand acts totally irresponsible. See also: Kate Harding about the LeBron James and Giselle Bundchen Vogue Cover
here is the sketch:

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails