Donnerstag, 6. August 2009

Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin for "Draw Serge!"



You have probably heard of the amazing blog "Draw Serge!" already. If not you are in for a treat. Not only does it commemorate the great artist Serge Gainsbourg but it is full of lots and lots of beautiful illustration contributed by many different amazing illustrators.

So this is my contribution. I am quite happy with it, I feel that I have pushed my style a little bit further in the direction I want to pursue. There are less gradients than in my other work, I avoided excessive detail and I like that the shapes are more abstract and expressive. I also enjoyed doing a caricature quite a bit, I definitely want to do more in that genre (is that the correct term?).

This is my color sketch. The piece actually had a black background until it was finished, my boyfriend suggested I turn it off, which instantly made it look 40% more powerful - maybe even 47% ;) so I kept it.

3 Kommentare:

  1. Excellent. Thanks again for contributing. Beautiful illustration and fantastic design (the white background makes a huge difference! I'd say it was 49% more powerful).

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Haha, plus-minus 0,5%! Thank you, I'm very happy you like it!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. cool. Erst gestern hab ich "Slogan" gesehen – gut getroffen ...

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails